||Employees||4 full, 1 part
* Included in Asking Price
The company designs, fabricates, and installs art glass and other functional glass products for the residential, commercial, and institutional market. The company also designs and installs doors, using trusted vendors for fabrication. They are an art glass studio with a storefront, showroom, and in-house studios. They also have a growing business involving residential high-end mirror and shower installation, glass signage, and commercial glass marker boards. The door market has grown more competitive, more complex, more subject to vendor quality issues, and less profitable. The custom glass segment has more growth and diversification potential, is less competitive (immune to internet sales and less local competition), has better margins, and is more in their "sweet spot" since they do the majority of their own manufacturing. Therefore, recent marketing efforts have been concentrated more toward the custom glass segment of the business.
The primary customers are, in order of sales volume, as follows:
- Residential Homeowners (New and Repeat Customers)
- Contractors ("Program" and Individual Building Companies)
- Corporations and Small Businesses
- Millwork Supply Companies
The company has operated in the area for many years and has a strong referral base of architects, builders, interior designers, and existing customers. Since the company also has a very visible presence walk-in customers are common. The company also has an impressive websites which drive new business for custom glass and doors, as well as a dedicated website for glass write boards. The active customer base consists of 100 - 200 businesses and several hundred repeat residential customers.
The company's principal products, in order of sales volume for the most recent fiscal year ending December 2015 are as follows:
• Manufactured Glass products, which account for 63% of sales revenue.
• Doors, which account for 15% of sales revenue.
• Installation services, accounting for 20% of sales revenue.
• Hardware, accounting for 2% of sales revenue.
There are four full time employees, including the owner. The company also routinely uses 3 to 5 sub contractors to cover installations, carpentry, and glass production when needed. A list of full time employees, their duties are as follows:
- Lead Artisan and Inside Sales - Duties include a variety of artisan duties, including overlay production, traditional stained glass, cabinet glass cutting and installation, and art glass installations. Also responsible for management of builder programs, showroom sales, ordering and inventory management.
- Artist/ Project Manager and Inside Sales - Duties include production of all artwork, including concept drawings and final CAD drawings for customer approval. Also responsible for managing the job flow, ordering, scheduling and inside sales.
- Master Craftsman - Duties include production of traditional stained glass, measurements and templating, and shower and mirror installation.
- Artisan - Duties include cabinet glass and installation, traditional stained glass, art glass installation, shower and mirror installation, etching and carving, and deliveries.
Facilities include showroom, offices, and studio occupy 2700 square feet of a 12000 square foot commercial building. The company also owns a storage container behind the building that provides an additional 300 square feet of storage. The owner of the company is also the owner and Landlord of the building.
The company is located at a prime commercial location. The traffic count is approximately 60,000 cars per day.
Bank financing available for a qualified buyer. Owner will carry small note to show confidence in the business and that he will be available to help new owner.
Required Licenses: Business
|Competition:||There is no competition locally.|
|Growth Potential:||Potential for Future Sales Per Owner
Plan to increase sales includes the following points of emphasis:
â€¢ Shower doors and mirrors â€“ We recently added frameless glass shower doors to our offering, installing a display in our showroom. We have not yet marketed our showers, but sales are already starting to increase simply from the display.
â€¢ Tabletop and Shelf glass â€“ We are currently designing a website dedicated to these products. Our pricing is competitive, and with our central, high visibility location we can capitalize on a largely untapped market.
â€¢ â€œPrivacy Glass Expressionsâ€ art glass â€“ We are adding this product to our main website with plans to market this product as an affordable privacy glass option. With open floor plans and front entries and bathrooms with clear glass, many homeowners are looking for privacy windows that donâ€™t obstruct the light. This product is an upgrade from privacy film with the cost of simple curtains or blinds.
â€¢ Affordable Cabinet Glass program â€“ This is a very successful program but there has been no sales effort. Increased marketing efforts should yield a dramatic increase in sales.|
|Training/Support:||Owner will work out a 2 to 4 week transition period at no cost. If more time is needed will work as a fee paid consultant. He will also work part-time as a glass carver if needed.|
|Seller Financing:||Bank financing available for a qualified buyer. Owner will carry small note to show confidence in|
Seller Reference #RALEINC001-N658
The information in this ad has been provided by the business seller or representative stated on this ad. BuyBusiness.com has no stake in the sale of this business, has not independently verified any of the information about the business, and assumes no responsibility for its accuracy or completeness. Please read our Terms of Service
before responding to any ad on our website.