* Included in Asking Price
Logistical Movement of Containerised Units
Asking Price £ 800,000
Asking price includes:
Turnover circa £900,000
Gross Profit circa £405,000
Net Profit circa £135,000
Net Assets circa £30,000
Wide range of distribution services
Located in Southampton’s busy docks area
Established highly regarded Company offering a quality service
Ideally located for access to local and national road networks
A highly skilled, enthusiastic and competent workforce
Extensive on-going customer relationships
Full Customs holding facility
Goods collected or delivered
Many years of successful operation
Excellent partner relationships
Strong balance sheet
This business was established in August 2005 and has grown rapidly to its current turnover of circa £900,000 per annum, with high levels of profitability. It is ideally located inside the busy dock yard area of Southampton, one of the country’s busiest container ports. Since its formation this business has achieved steady growth and has gone from strength to strength, having rapidly gained a reputation for a fast, reliable and cost effective service. This business has achieved a profit in every year of its operation.
This business provides an impressive array of distribution services, primarily serving the containerised sea freight industry, specialising in the logistical movement of containerised items from abroad to the UK, or from the UK to abroad. They have an Enhanced Remote Transit Shed (ERTS), providing a full service to their customers.
What sets this business apart from its competitors is the sheer professionalism of its knowledgeable and experienced team. Offering a very personal service – this business treats each and every customer with the same attention to detail – no matter how large or small.
They are able to offer a full range of services:
• Export Container Packing - collecting an empty container, pack and return to the quay. Customs clearance can be arranged and standard shipping note completed / submitted.
• Import Container Unpacking – collecting a loaded container, unload and resituate. If required, unloading to specific requirements, for example, labels facing a certain way, sorting by type, shrink wrapping, building pallets to a certain height.
• ERTS Containers - the warehouse is an Enhanced Remote Transit Shed (ERTS), HM Revenue & Customs have approved us to unload and store consignments that have not yet cleared customs.
• Local, National and Merchant Haulage – using their transport network to deliver cargo anywhere in the UK. With careful planning to ensure deliveries arrive on-time and safely, whilst keeping rates competitive.
• Storage & Picking - both short and long-term storage solution. Stock can be picked and packed as per order. They can also arrange storage of bonded goods.
• Stock Rework - following instructions to rework any product to be as flexible as possible and to ensure they give and stick to quoted costs and timescales.
With a turnover due to break the £1 million barrier in the near future this is an excellent opportunity to acquire a very well established freight logistics operator with significant growth prospects.
|Facilities:||Located in the busy port of Southampton there is 12,000 square feet of warehousing with a 10,000 square feet yard all with fencing and alarms. Being inside the port area the business is fully secure, with 24 hour security on the dock gates.|
|Competition:||This business benefits greatly from the most cost effective form of marketing, word of mouth recommendation. With little advertising the owner is aware that a more active sales and marketing campaign, including the re-designing of the website, would certainly improve sales and profitability and will increase its market exposure and revenues. The implementation of some form of database management would also ensure the business fully maximises the opportunities its large customer bank represents.|
|Growth Potential:||The Company maintains an extensive base of satisfied customers, business continues to grow, and with additional staffing and further promotion within the appropriate market sectors, would offer this financially attractive business even more upside potential.
Business operations are not at maximum capacity and there remains considerable scope for an increase in production, turnover and profit simply by gearing operations in line with current market demand.|
|Training/Support:||The owner will provide a handover period and is happy to provide ongoing support thereafter; however the other 2 director’s are prepared to continue working with the company, if required.|
|Sale Reason:||This is a genuine retirement sale.|
Seller Reference #GP144
The information in this ad has been provided by the business seller or representative stated on this ad. BuyBusiness.com has no stake in the sale of this business, has not independently verified any of the information about the business, and assumes no responsibility for its accuracy or completeness. Please read our Terms of Service
before responding to any ad on our website.